Snow Leopard!?

September 27, 2009
by Nathan Whitehouse (nw08)

A few days ago I was trying to change some of the code in the aim script. Nothing seemed to be working, and I didn’t know why. And then, at one point, I made a considerable syntax error, without noticing, saved the script, and ran it. Nothing changed. So when I noticed the error, I started to get suspicious. Typing random gibberish into the script did not make it crash, and new variables added didn’t appear.

Apparently that error I mentioned last post that was coming up but didn’t seem to have an effect was actually preventing any other scripts from compiling until it was resolved.

Then, a few days later, scripts weren’t compiling again. Apparently snow leapord, which I just upgraded to, has this problem where it will change the caps on some files. I don’t know if there’s a reason for it, or it’s a straight up bug, but Unity gets really confused when this happens. So no more uppercase in script names for me.

I’m still not sure what to do about models and level design… I’ve started work on the AI’s ability, but pretty soon I’ll have to make a decision.

Also, finding 3D models isn’t too hard. Finding animated ones is… so I’m considering a schedule change, switching week 5 (level design) with week 4 (enhancing the AI)